Friday 30 January 2015

26. Wilf Mexted Reserve, Tawa

January 30

This track is on Woodman Drive in Tawa.

It is quite a pretty walk but is really short. The trees seem quite sparse and I wonder if maybe they have been removing non-natives.

The path is a gentle slope upwards. It is a bit narrow in places which made it a bit tricky when Mister 5 wanted to hold my hand. You come out of the bush at one point and have a bit of a view over Tawa.

The path down has a few steepish parts that could possibly be helped by having steps in place. Mister 5 slipped over at least three times and I was walking very cautiously.

We came here years ago with the kids to hunt out a letterbox, and if we lived in the area I would let my kids play in there, but I don't think I would make a special effort to drive here just to do this walk.

1 800 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment