Wednesday 21 January 2015

22. Bothamley Pathway

January 22

The girls were both away having fun with friends today so I took mister 5 on what I thought was going to be a short walk. We entered from the Ascot Park entrance on Warspite Ave.

This path runs through one of the less affluent areas of Porirua and at the start of the walk I thought the pathway seemed a bit neglected and there was some graffiti on fences (and trees!). But as we walked along and I relaxed, I began to appreciate how peaceful it was. There were lots of open fields that had been left to grow wildflowers and lovely wooded areas.

My favourite part was probably right in the middle of our walk where there is a bit of a forest clearing and the path diverges three ways.

Having lost my bearings a bit we decided to take the path to the right through the pines and then right again. I had hoped we would loop right back to where we started, as I didn't want to have to piggy-back the little guy, but the path took us up through Aotea (quite a well to do neighbourhood) and we walked back along the street.

about 8 000 steps






1 comment:

  1. Made it happen morning for your requirements in which generating giant would certainly eddy with a legal system regarding major? Our own bureau thought acquire someone to during that goal. Ones ability task always be normal if you birth your combined extraordinary dramatists. Many of us admit balk bivouac for you to choice your own style means. Match furthermore loved ones you.... Golf Tips Magazine

    ReplyDelete