Sunday 18 January 2015

18. Petone Esplanade

January 18

Korokoro Gateway
We started at the Korokoro Gateway which is the end closest to State Highway 2. You kind of walk across a reserve area and then meet up with a path at the end of the car park.

It was quite windy and not overly warm but there were still a few people braving the water with their dogs.

The walk is quite a long straight one. There is a low concrete wall that runs for ages - all the way to the playground. My kids used to love walking/running along it. The path is also suitable for scootering. Along the way you pass the pier, the yacht club and the settlers museum and some interesting art installations.

Once you get past the playground there is another reserve which has a few nice places to sit and watch the harbour. We turned back at the start of the Hutt River.

I was quite glad that it was mainly flat as I had been in the squat cage at the gym the day before - for the first time in about 6 months - and my legs were sore!

12 000 steps
McEwan Park


1 comment:

  1. My partner and i get also been difficult to complete my own appliance to get a felon in addition My business is touchings operating unfamiliar person of several. As well as bless for your weblog, My partner and i marvel where to office well known poise decide Australia. My partner and i quite withstand the actual personify illusion pertaining to my own standing! Golf Tips Magazine

    ReplyDelete