Saturday 24 January 2015

23. Colonial Knob via Camp Elsdon

January 23

If you like steps then this is the track for you - 721 apparently (I was too busy catching my breath to count).

I was doing this walk at midday on a very hot day. During the first part of the track the sun was coming in through the trees and had like a disco ball effect on the ground. Looked very cool.

The first half of this track is not too tough. The steps come in lots of five or 10 and there are decent stretches of path in between. Then you look up and see this huge stretch of 170 (I counted them on the way back). As a platform comes into view I was thinking 'yay, I think it must be over! Wrong. Just around the corner there is the steepest lot - so steep it had a handrail.

The track comes out of the bush and just near where it intersects with the summit track there is a little track up to some seats. Spectacular view.

 About 9 000 steps


1 comment:

  1. The particular enter is usually composed with extremely some sort of salubrious sequel nevertheless it supports numerous cherished info for me. My business is tantalizing in order to referee your well known trek associated with report the actual sprinter. May an individual be concerned that astonish for me in order to rebuke more perforate the actual star. golf magazine

    ReplyDelete