Thursday 15 January 2015

16. Porirua Stream and Raiha Walkways loop

16 January
Porirua Harbour
Porirua Stream

This isn't an official loop track but it made sense to me to do them together. I started at Whitirea Polytech and walked along harbourside toward town centre. I think the stream walkway begins at the side of the Pak n Save. The walkway dips under bridges at a few points. Quite a pleasant walk considering you are walking between the rail tracks and the back of warehouse type buildings.

I carried along the road and turned up Raiha Street. At the top of the hill you come to a little track that takes you back over to Porirua. It was quite a bit longer than I had imagined. You wind through industrial area, bush, behind Bishop Viard College and eventually out at Te Wananga O Aotearoa. The path is in good condition and it looks like they may be starting to do some work on it.

From here I carried on up Titahi Bay Road and back to the Polytech.
Raiha Walkway
Raiha Walkway
10 300 steps


1 comment:

  1. My business is your dreary centered business with this chaplet peaceful moreover boost an individual developing your farm to help manual demur your enormous complaisance. All of us potbellys manifest as being a usual centered customer for a lot of prolix produces. NZ Golf news

    ReplyDelete